After the crazy festive season, we’ve been craving some light, fresh go-to meals. This one is perfect! It’s so easy to prepare, low calorie and tastes absolutely delicious. Everyone in the family will love it.
Done in 20 or under if you have some extra hands to help you do some chopping! You can even prepare a big batch of the sauce and freeze it for faster meal prep time.
Serves 2, so double ingredients to feed a family.
1 iceberg lettuce or cos lettuce
1 chicken breast
1 grated carrot
1 red capsicum
1 large handful coriander
1 lime cut into wedges
Dried shallots to finish
Optional: 1 chilli, 1 cup cooked quinoa, rice noodles or brown rice
Satay sauce ingredients:
3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
3 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp lime juice
3 tbsp water
1 crushed/minced garlic
- Prepare the satay sauce, mix all ingredients well.
- Chop the chicken into slices or chunks and marinate in two tablespoons of the sauce.
- Meanwhile chop the cucumber into quarters, grate the carrot, slice the capsicum into thin slices and finely chop the coriander.
- Cook the chicken in a little olive oil and the marinating sauce.
- For extra filling for hungry kids, you can serve with some rice noodles, quinoa or brown rice.
- Separate the lettuce to make lettuce cups.
- Separate the ingredients and serve as a lettuce cup and drizzle a little of the satay sauce on top and finish with some dried shallots.