Protein balls with chia, goji and almonds
These balls are the best-kept secret for chocolate and nut lovers, if I ever want a chocolate fix this is my go-to recipe. You can swap and change ingredients to your desired taste however, I like to use almonds, dates, goji and chia mainly because they are all superfoods and not only are you getting a healthy ‘sugar fix’ but you’re getting a bomb of vitamins and minerals:
Packed with goodness
- Coconut oil is packed full of healthy fats and improves digestion as well as weight loss, especially around the abdominal region.
- Almonds are a great source of protein, vitamin E, magnesium and fibre. They are also perfect on their own as an in between snack between meals to get rid of any unwanted hunger.
- Goji’s are full of antioxidants, fibre and vitamin C!
- Dates are a good sugar replacement because they’re still crammed with vitamins and minerals and easy for the body digest yet still give a sugary kick.
- Chia seeds are full of omega 3 fatty acids, fibre and protein.
Combine all these ingredients and you have yourself one MEGA protein, vitamin and mineral bomb which tastes absolutely delicious!
How to prepare your super protein balls in 15 minutes
- 1 cup raw almonds
- Small handful pumpkin seeds
- Tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 cup of dates
- 3/4 cup organic shaved coconut
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup goji berries
Blend all dry ingredients until semi fine, add coconut oil to bind them and roll them into small 1.5 inch balls. Refrigerate for an hour after preparation to harden and enjoy this sweet healthy snack.
20FIT Lifestyle is the first mobile EMS Gym in Perth and in Australia! We are fully committed to our clients, and post healthy easy-to-whip-up meals and snacks to get you inspired to make these little changes that will help you closer to your health and fitness goals. Also, check out the workout videos! If you need a hand, have any questions or suggestions please let us know. If you just ❤️️ what we do please reach out it’s what drives us! ✌️️